2022 General Elections Referendum Questions
Click the link below to read the following Referendum Questions in greater detail
↓ ↓ ↓
Question 1: Diversify Faculty Now!
Do you agree that Concordia’s funding and structural efforts should prioritize the immediate hiring of Black and Indigenous faculty and staff across all faculties, and that the CSU endorses these efforts?
Question 2: Concordia Against Apartheid
“Do you support the CSU to adopt a position against the practice of apartheid (as defined by leading human rights organization such as Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International) and to divest from any investments and withdraw any financial or vocal support from states or businesses that are involved in apartheid?
Question 3: CSU Operational Fee
Do you agree to increase the CSU General Operations Fee Levy from 2.38$ per credit to 2.55$ per credit (an increase of 17 cents per credit), annually adjusted to the Consumer Price Index of Canada, to be collected from all CSU members? The fee levy will be effective in the Fall 2022 semester and billed in accordance with the university tuition billing and refund policy.
Question 4: Frigo Vert
Do you, as an undergraduate student at Concordia, approve of LE FRIGO VERT fee-levy being increased by $0.13 per credit [bringing their fee-levy to$0.46per credit, that will now be adjusted to the Consumer Price Index of Canada]? The fee would be effective starting with the 2022 autumn semester, and completely refundable in accordance with Concordia University tuition and refund policy.
Question 5: Student Housing Project
Do you approve the Concordia Student Union reallocation of 600,000$ from the Student Space Accessible Education Legal Contingency (SSAELC) Fund to launch a second affordable housing project that will house a minimum of 100 Concordia Students (with a target of 150) similar to the Woodnote project that currently lodges over 140 through the Popular University Housing (PUSH) Fund, an autonomous non-profit revolving fund co-founded by the CSU and Utile with an explicitly mandate to build affordable student housing for students in Quebec?
Question 6: Student Center Referendum
Do you support the CSU purchasing the property at 2045 Bishop Street for the purpose of creating a Student Center pending the successful completion of the due diligence process. The price of the property is 5.5 million dollars.
Question 7: Mental Health Office
Do you agree to create a fee levy for Mental Health Services office of $0.45 per credit, annually adjusted to the Consumer Price Index of Canada, to be collected from all CSU members? The fee levy will be effective in the Fall of 2022 and billed in accordance with the university tuition billing and refund policy.
- Offering free consistent therapy services to students in addition to those currently being offered by the university; group & individual therapy, intersectional & trauma informed approaches that can address the needs of students who are BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, disabled, struggling with addiction, etc.
- In the past and present, the CSU has offered free therapy to BIPOC students by BIPOC therapists; we have received overwhelmingly positive feedback for these services.
- Collaborating, promoting, and supporting existing projects/services/initiatives regarding mental health on campus such as Nightline etc.
- Offering complementary therapies such as music, art, dance, pets and culturally specific therapies etc.
- Offering workshops on psychoeducation and other preventative therapy measures
- Offering Recovery & Wellness Support
- Domestic violence support